Academic excellence in a caring community
As our Year 13 pupils are coming to the end of their time in the school we would like to take this opportunity to say what a pleasure it has been to have them in school. Here are some useful courses and websites to prepare the pupils for the future.
UCAS Extra ends on July 4th and Clearing begins on July 5th.
Pupils are always welcome to come into school to seek advice.
Universities are providing support programmes during the Summer and next year to help students make the transition between school and higher education. Full details of all activities are on university and college websites.
This document gives you an idea about some of the available activities.
- FutureLearn: Online Courses and Degrees from Top Universities
- All our free courses – OpenLearn – Open University
- Free Courses & Training | reed.co.uk
- Free Courses Online – Access 50+ Free Online Courses and Qualifications
- Where to find free online learning | Find a course
- Choose from our range of free Level 2 online courses | Vision2learn
- Alison Free Courses
Thinking about HE, apprenticeships or other pathways
- Not going to university – compare apprenticeships, gap years, distance learning and jobs as alternatives to university
- Studential – has information on FE, gap year, HE, apprenticeship, enterprise and British Army options
- The Open University – offer degrees through distance learning
- AllAboutSchoolLeavers: School Leaver Jobs – A good starting point for finding a school leaver programme as an alternative to university, often still leading to a degree
- StudentLadder – work experience opportunities
Taking a Gap Year
- Gap-year.com – offers an online and printed directory of gap year organisations and opportunities
- The Year Out Group – includes over 30 gap year organisations that provide opportunities at home and abroad
- Volunteer with ICS | Charity work abroad – International Citizen Service (ICS) provides overseas volunteer placements for 18-25 year olds
- Get experience with Get into | Help getting a job | Help for young people Prince’s Trust support for jobs and volunteering