Mr C Marcellin – ICT & Enterprise
Certificate in Enterprise and Employability
Level 1 and 2
This course is offered to Year 8 and 9 pupils. Pupils have the opportunity to achieve this GCSE equivalent qualification in year 9.
General Aims of the course:
The Enterprise and Employability certificate will encourage all pupils to understand:
- The enterprise process and how it can be applied in different contexts
- The impact and possibilities of enterprise using the World Wide Web
- The role of finance in business and social enterprises
- Their rights and responsibilities in employment and enterprise
Pupils will therefore be better able to:
- Develop and promote their personal employability
- Understand and plan their personal finance
- Be knowledgeable consumers of personal financial products and services
- Play an active role as innovative and enterprising citizens and members of society
National Qualifications Framework
Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE grades D-G whilst a certificate at Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE
Level 1 / Level 2
Written paper: 70% of overall assessment
Coursework: 30% of overall assessment
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Coursework is based on activities undertaken during Enterprise Week (November).
A personal log of actions she has undertaken in an enterprise activity during Enterprise Week.
A detailed report on the enterprise activity
Section A – Multiple choice answers
Section B – Short sentence answers
Section C – Longer, structured questions
Michaela George has been chosen as a runner up in her age group in the Baillie Gifford & Financial Mail Essay Competition. In her essay she explained why saving is good for Britain and how the Government can encourage more people to save.
|Year||Level 2||Level 1||U||Group Size|
*The figures for 2009 represent a gifted and talented group consisting of 24 pupils.
To reward year 9’s for their hard work throughout the year and to give them a further insight in Enterprise, a group of 20 gifted and talented pupils visit the Bank of England each year.