Mrs N Walker – English Subject Leader
Mr J Diggory – English Assistant Subject Leader (responsible for Key Stage 3)
Mr S Fink – Teacher of English (responsible for Literacy)
Miss E Rawlings – Teacher of English (Teacher in Charge of Film Studies)
Mrs P Law – Teacher of English
Ethos of the Department
To ensure that the ‘Every Child Matters’ agenda permeates every aspect of our work
Objectives: To ensure that
- Each child feels valued and secure.
- Each child makes academic progress.
- Each child is aware of her potential and her strengths and areas for improvement.
- Each child is given realistic but challenging targets to facilitate progress.
- Each child understands what she is being asked to do and how tasks will facilitate progress.
- Each child is given the opportunity to voice ideas and contribute positively to lessons.
- Each child has high self-esteem even if she struggles with some aspects of the subject.
- Each child feels able to ask for help and advice.
- Each child genuinely believes English lessons are worthwhile.
A Level English Literature specification
GCSE English Language specification
GCSE English Literature specification